Vanguard is a leading provider of financial products and services to individual and institutional investors world-wide. In addition, Vanguard is an employer of choice that continually invests in the growth, development and success of its employees over the course of their Vanguard careers.
Vanguard's Legal & Compliance Division addresses a wide range of complex and compelling legal and compliance issues. To support its growing business, Vanguard is seeking an attorney in its Corporate & Commercial Transactions Group. The position is responsible for a broad portfolio of corporate and commercial legal matters and offers substantial opportunity for long-term growth.
· Drafting and negotiating agreements in support of Vanguard's divisions, including Strategy and Finance, Investment Management, Information Technology, Financial Advisor Services, Retail Investor Group, and International
· Supporting Vanguard's Global Procurement Services Group
· Collaborating with internal clients and legal colleagues in various jurisdictions to determine and implement key negotiation strategies and positions
· Advising internal clients on contractual disputes and legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements to ensure compliance
· Providing proactive advice to internal clients on an array of strategic, financial and business initiatives
· Supporting Vanguard's organizational structure and corporate governance activities
Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant professional experience
· Experience with commercial, technology and licensing agreements preferred
· Excellent undergraduate and law school academic credentials
· Excellent judgment, counseling, and negotiation skills
· Excellent communication and relationship management skills
· Ability to balance business and legal needs and manage multiple projects at one time
· Leadership abilities coupled with strong personal accountability and initiative
Vanguard is truly a terrific place to work - a sample of Vanguard’s many employment related accolades can be viewed at Vanguard’s website: https://careers.vanguard.com/.
Click here for additional information and to apply.
Vanguard, one of the world's leading financial companies and a recognized employer of choice seeks a Senior Estate and Trust Attorney to help grow the advice business and expand existing client relationships by providing high quality trust and estate planning services.
Senior Estate and Trust Attorney
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Conducts estate planning and tax analysis for the most complex client situations. Leverages broad-based knowledge of wealth management and planning topics to develop solutions to highly complex client financial situations. Develops subsequent reports for client presentations.
Provides consultation services for Retail Advice clients and prospects with highly complex financial situations. Determines whether trust instruments and other entities are suitable planning alternatives to meet desired objectives. Analyzes the client's circumstances and objectives and makes appropriate recommendations to address the client's needs. Educates clients with respect to estate and trust planning matters.
Assists in developing the strategic direction for the group's service delivery model. Provides input and recommendations to the group manager regarding service improvements and enhancements. Leads initiatives, or assigned portion of initiatives, to drive changes and enhancements to the service delivery model.
Performs due diligence reviews of trust instruments (successor trusteeships) to ensure future accounts are suitable and prudent. Utilizes advanced knowledge of legal concepts to manage Vanguard's risk by reviewing highly complex legal documents and rejecting unsuitable instruments (e.g., documents too ambiguous or administratively burdensome, legal or regulatory impediments).
Works with attorneys and client's other outside advisors to make necessary modifications to improve suitability of prospective trusteeships where necessary. Identifies opportunities to enhance probability that client's objectives will be met (e.g., alternative tax reduction strategy).
Provides estate and trust expertise for the internal partners (Relationship/Investment managers, Sales/Marketing team, other Estate and Trust Counselors). Partners with financial advisors to provide preliminary review and approval of estate planning correspondence and reports.
Serves as a corporate resource to provide subject matter expertise for articles and electronic medium that appear in Vanguard publications; presents as senior wealth planner on estate and trust planning for Vanguard webcasts; and provides training to internal crew.
Proactively partners with the Financial Advisor/Relationship Manager to identify consultative opportunities and to further consult with our partners to develop an appropriate strategy to develop the client relationship.
Maintains an in-depth understanding of compliance, regulatory and departmental policies and procedures. This includes obtaining a thorough knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Vanguard internal BSA compliance and anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess
Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate Degree or Juris Doctorate. LL.M a plus.
Minimum eight years estate planning or trust experience, including client relationship management experience.
Proven ability to practice discretion in confidential matters.
Proven ability to effectively communicate with external professional advisors, clients and other crew members at all levels.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Broad knowledge of Vanguard funds in addition to the mutual fund industry in general preferred.
Click here for additional information and to apply.
Please apply online.
If you would like to have a posting including in this list, please send an email to